Cyber Security ETH | Network Security ETH | Risk Center
Network Security - ETHZ
Course Material & Links
- Course schedule and material - Network Security 2022
- ETH Zurich course catalog - 263-4640-00L Network Security 2022
- Course schedule and material - Network Security 2021
- ETH Zurich course catalog - 263-4640-00L Network Security 2021
Some of today’s most damaging attacks on computer systems involve exploitation of network infrastructure, either as the target of attack or as a vehicle to attack end systems. This course provides an in-depth study of network attack techniques and methods to defend against them.
The course will cover topics spanning four broad themes with a focus on the first two themes:
- network defense mechanisms such as public-key infrastructures, TLS, VPNs, anonymous-communication systems, secure routing protocols, secure DNS systems, and network intrusion-detection systems;
- network attacks such as hijacking, spoofing, denial-of-service (DoS), and distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks;
- analysis and inference topics such as traffic monitoring and network forensics; and
- new technologies related to next-generation networks.
In addition, several guest lectures will provide in-depth insights into specific current real-world network-security topics.